The frevvo Submissions (Legacy View) feature will be retired and no longer available in the upcoming Cloud-only v10.2 release. Submissions (Legacy View) was deprecated in v7.1 and replaced by the current Submissions View. Some customers may have continued to use the Legacy View for the purpose of exporting submissions to Excel.
- The Export to Excel feature in Submissions (Legacy View) is replaced by Download to CSV in Submissions view.
- Saved Fields, previously used with Export to Excel, is replaced by Export Fields, which allows you to configure which controls to export in the Download to CSV feature.
The Cloud-only v10.2 release is expected in early 2022.
What does this mean for me?
If you are currently using Submissions (Legacy View), frevvo recommends that you familiarize yourself with the Download to CSV feature in the current Submissions view. If you are already using Download to CSV for your Submissions, you will also notice some changes.
- The Saved Fields tab in Form/Workflow Settings will become the Export Fields tab. The designer can set an unlimited number of controls as Export fields and can reorder them once selected.
- The selected Export Fields will be included in the Submissions CSV download. This file can be viewed and saved as an Excel document. The columns in the document will contain metadata and Searchable Fields along with Export Fields, in the order they were set.
- Repeat controls and table columns will now be shown on separate rows in the CSV (or Excel) download. Previously these values were displayed as a comma-separated list.
- The CSV download will not contain formatting like the Export the Excel feature.
Additionally, Summary Fields will be expanded to Forms as well as Workflows, and will have a new UI that allows reordering of selected controls, similar to Searchable Fields and Export fields. Summary Fields will now be displayed on the View Submission Details: Data tab, replacing this function of Saved Fields.
What happens to my current settings?
Currently configured Saved Fields will be automatically migrated to Export Fields at the time of the v10.2 upgrade.
Once any Export Fields are set, they will immediately be included in the CSV Download. There is no need to re-index submissions after adding, removing or reordering Export fields.
If you would like to show data on the View Submission Details: Data tab, you must edit your Form/Workflow Settings and set up Summary Fields. Workflow Designers may set these prior to the upgrade if desired. Form designers must wait until after the upgrade. Also, after the upgrade Summary Fields may be reordered once selected.
Where can I learn more?
Please see the v10.2 Release Notes and Migration Planning pages for additional details about upcoming updates to frevvo and instructions to help you migrate your forms and workflows seamlessly. *This documentation is still under construction until the time of the v10.2 Release.*
frevvo Customer Support