Congratulations on your transition from GlobalForms-7 to frevvo! We think you'll love all of the new features that are available in the current version of frevvo, but we know that change takes a little getting used to. Here's a quick guide to some of the new features you can expect.
frevvo offers an automatic PDF snapshot of your forms and workflows, which is a great option that requires no code, no mapping and no PDF to build. You can customize the print layout, fonts, headers/footers, file name, and more with just a few clicks. It is also responsive to repeat controls like tables, so the PDF will grow with more entries vs. the static number of rows available in a typical PDF.
If you need a specific document format, it's a snap to upload your own PDF to frevvo and map your form fields to it. Simple drag-and-drop tools allow you to map form data to any fillable PDF, such as a government tax form or a branded business form. Check out how to use custom PDF mapping in an Employee Onboarding Workflow or take a look inside PDF mapping.
Our Customer Success team is available to help you decide if frevvo's built-in PDF or custom PDF mapping is the best fit for you.
For customers transitioning to our On-Premise or Cloud software, here's what you can expect.
- You can now publish both forms and workflows as templates, which is a great way to save time if you have flow patterns or form designs that you re-use frequently.
- It's now easy to include someone outside your organization in a workflow step and configure task notification, escalations, reminders and rejection features for them.
- It's easier (and faster!) to re-index the search criteria for just a single form/workflow when you add a new searchable field - no need to run this process for the entire tenant.
- It's more intuitive to configure your workflow with the new, reorganized Step Properties Wizard.
- The Form Designer canvas drag-and-drop area is expanded making adding and rearranging controls much easier.
- Newly added email 'cc' field in Task Notifications and Escalations is helpful for recovering workflow steps or providing managers with process oversight.
- Message controls using the f-submit-error css class to warn users about invalid controls are automatically hidden when the form/workflow becomes valid, letting the user know they can now submit.
- The Filesystem Connector wizard allows unlimited field mapping.
- See this article about integrating with GlobalSearch® using the Filesystem Connector.
- See this article about integrating with GlobalSearch® using the Filesystem Connector.
- Designers can quickly find and correct bugs in their form/workflow settings.
- You can now customize the "Who can start the workflow" permission by role and user on the Access Control List.
Expanded style properties let you truly match your forms to your website and company branding when embedding them.
- New layout 'Nouveau Square' gives controls squared (instead of rounded) corners.
- Custom fonts are available in the Message control.
Visual Rule Builder
The Visual Rule Builder enables non-technical designers to add dynamic behaviors to a form/workflow, such as
- Show/Hide a Control(s) based on a specified condition
- Show/Hide Steps in a workflow based on the step that the workflow is currently executing
- Dynamically set default values and properties such as valid, printable, required and more
- Compute a Subtotal and Total
- Populate fields with the logged in user’s information
- Concatenate field data
- Populate a Date field when the user signs
...and much more!
Workflow Behavior/Task Boundaries
In prior versions, some workflow behavior was determined at run-time (rather than design-time) based on the user performing a step and the step assignment. Designers can now manage workflow behavior to prevent unexpected issues like a user being able to approve their own purchase order. Starting in v9.0,
- The designer defines task boundaries by setting assignments (user, role or email address), so each flow step with an assignment is considered a new task.
- Any subsequent flow steps without assignment are considered part of screenflow of the same task, and can be performed by the same user.
- If the next step is a new task and the current user is eligible to perform it, the user will be provided with a link to continue the flow in the same screen.
- See this article for more details and a helpful diagram.
General Admin Features
- Tenant/flow admin email notifications now contain the application form/workflow name and error so you can easily identify the submission that did not reach its destination.
- Task assignment to role sends a single Task Notification email to all users belonging to that role instead of separate emails to each user, using fewer system resources and speeding up the process.
- You can now set a default Space for the tenant, so that task perform links will automatically render in your preferred Space.
- Operational Reports are now available to non admin users by assigning the frevvo.Reports role.
- You can now manage logged-in user sessions through the frevvo UI making it much easier to manage the "Max User Limit Reached" error.
- Upgraded to Tomcat v9.0.31 with attribute sameSiteCookies=none for compatibility with Chrome v80 browser upgrade and to address ghostcat security vulnerability.
Gain access to frevvo's continuous form and workflow product enhancements by transitioning to Cloud, where you'll see these additional new features. Cloud customers receive automatic, seamless upgrades with each new release. If you chose frevvo On-Premise software, don't worry - you will also get access to these new features with the next major on-premise release. Follow our announcements to get an email notification when new releases are available.
Modern User Interface
There are several improvements to the User Interface (UI) throughout Live Forms which make navigating projects, forms and workflows simpler and more intuitive while retaining all of your favorite functionality.
- Applications have been rebranded as "Projects" reflecting their function as folders that help you organize your forms, workflows, schemas and scripts.
- Forms and workflows are now combined into a single list on the Forms and Workflows tab. Each has it's own Action Menu to provide access to settings and operations (download, share, submissions, etc.) You can sort Projects and Forms/Workflows alphabetically or by date.
We are excited to roll out a search feature that many customers have asked for. Search can be used to search for content items (Forms, Workflows, Projects, Spaces and more) owned by, or shared with, the user. You can conveniently take actions like Edit, Test or View Submissions right from the results list.
Workflow Design Wizard
Creating workflows is faster than ever with Live Forms' built in Workflow Design Wizard! Simply click "Create a New Workflow" from your Projects or Forms and Workflows home page to launch the wizard. Here's a quick video of how it works.
Password strength requirements can be set at tenant level (Default Security Manager only), helping you maintain security best practices and meet compliance initiatives like GDPR.
Other New Features
- The submission filter now allows upper- or lower-case values in the search field, making it easier to find the submissions you're looking for.
- New css class (f-page-break-inside-avoid) allows you to prevent a page break inside a section control on the PDF snapshot.
- Concatenate function added in Visual Rule Builder to avoid confusion with the addition function.
- Links are now supported inside Repeat controls.
- Digital signatures on signed sections display the signature date in the user's local time, resolving issues with inaccurate deadlines when completing forms/workflows in different time zones.
When transitioned to frevvo you'll also gain access to frevvo's continuous form and workflow product enhancements! Follow our announcements to get an email alert when these exciting new features are available!
- A fresh, modern Guided Workflow Designer makes it easier than ever to add steps, send an email, update step properties, and manage the forms, business rules and mapped PDFs in your workflow.
- Ability to reorder business rules for better organization and execution.
- Modify your license right from the Manage License & Usage page
- ...and lots more!
These links will provide details about all of the features and bugs fixed in recent releases, as well as important planning information for migrating your forms and workflows.
- v8.0 Release Notes / Planning Page
- v8.2 Release Notes / Planning Page
- v9.0 Release Notes / Planning Page / What's New Webinar Recordings: Design Features & Admin Features
- v9.1 Release Notes / Planning Page / What's New Webinar Recording (Cloud Only)
- v9.2 Release Notes / Planning Page / What's New Webinar Recording (Cloud Only)
- v10.0 Release Notes / Planning Page / What's New Webinar Recording
Thanks and once again, welcome to frevvo!
-frevvo Customer Success Team