frevvo’s 60+ workflows keep business running in uncertain times.
“The beauty of frevvo is how easily we can adapt any process when it changes - as it did for us this month. Our 60+ frevvo workflows enabled continued efficient company operations when we needed to move to a fully remote workforce to keep our people safe."
- Nancy Esposito, COO
Just like you, our business was forced to react to remote work forced by COVID-19. We’ve used our own product to do exactly that. We find our 60+ forms and workflows instrumental to efficient business practices such as expense reports, PTO requests, software orders, and more. We’ll dive down into the details of one of them.
We hope our experience can provide you with tips to use in your own business.
Account Receivable Workflow
The frevvo team has an Accounts Receivable workflow in which the Financial/Operations Assistant (FOA) enters payment information, then checks off a “to-do list” that includes calculating commissions, provisioning software, updating client service project statuses, and updating the invoicing system. The workflow then routes to the bookkeeper who updates payments in the General Ledger. When the workflow is complete, a copy of form is sent to the Client Services Manager if the payment relates to a project so there is no delay in kicking off customer projects.
Another important business process, issuing commissions to salespeople, is performed by exporting a csv payment report from the frevvo submissions repository. Using frevvo’s built-in data filters we can easily generate a monthly report and sort the A/R submissions by Salesperson.
How We Updated It for Remote Work
This process relied on the FOA collecting the mail, so when frevvo’s employees switched to remote work, the team updated the A/R workflow in just 15 minutes to enable other staff to start the process. They updated "Who can start the workflow?" to include other team members, and added a Payment Type control that dynamically shows or hides a required Check Number field if “Check” is selected. This ensures that the FOA gets the information she requires even with the team all working from home.
- Field Validation such as required fields and business rules to show/hide necessary fields and prefill dates streamlines the form for users while ensuring accurate data entry.
- Dynamic email notifications get info to staff right away, reducing delays and miscommunication.
- The Submissions page provides a single source of truth for the entire process and enables reports that facilitate important business functions.
- Workflows provide continuity in the rapid transition to remote work, but also for more typical scenarios such as an employee vacation.
- Live Forms workflows are simple to update to reflect a change in the process – this one was updated in less than 15 minutes!
- Automated tasks and emails eliminate haphazard internal communication which can result in errors and skipped critical "to-do" steps.
Try the A/R Workflow Yourself
Don't take our word for it! Download the A/R workflow template and try it for your own business.
These features (and many more!) are why frevvo is so proud to build and offer Live Forms software that customers trust to make everyday business processes easier.